Monday 12 July 2010

Mercy’s Love was True and Pure Love – Part IV

I was in bed reflecting about recent events; things had taken a new turn. I couldn’t escape any more. My shadow repeatedly followed me even into the abyss. I finally accept Mercy into my life. She visited regularly and I became exceptional doting on her. The day before was St Valentine’s Day. I had prepared the room in anticipation of her coming. She came in a lovely dress and her beauty was so sparkling. I had highlighted the room with red deco to mark the occasion. The bed was laid with wine velvet sheet. We went out that evening and I had never seen her so excited.

Meg was a girl next door. She was handy and helped me with my errands. The night before; she asked if I could drop her off at the exam centre at Cantonments. I picked her up in the morning and with the promise to pick her after work. I had gone to the exam centre earlier than expected. She was still in the exam room. I waited for her. Eventually she came looking shattered. Soon the centre was full of other worn out candidates, mystified beings hoping to get meanings to their unhappy lives. As Meg approached the car, I looked beyond her and I couldn’t believe my eyes. There she was; she had blossomed into absolute beauty.

I had to run the gauntlet and take the fight to her. Though I wanted to be left alone I don’t think I wanted to be married instead. I dashed to her and was about to embrace her but the unexpected happened. She shoved me off and walked away. It was unusual of Mercy; she was so fond of me. Some thing definitely was wrong. I followed her pleading. I went on my knees professing my love. I loved her deep down my heart; I had searched for her after graduation but Amon told me she had travelled. I was at the verge of tears. She was adamant. ‘When your child soiled your thighs you don’t clean it by slicing your own flesh; give him a second chance.’ The soothing words came from a smooth talking lady among the crowd. I was not only a petulant child who soiled the mum’s clothing but an irritable one who also kept her wake all night; I had wasted so many chances in the past. I deserved the humiliation. ‘Teach the beast a lesson’. A coarse voice yelled from the crowd. It was from a mean looking lady.

‘Noble men are worth considering; he is worthy take him back’ the smooth lady pleaded. I was urged on by her kind words. I got up and walked towards Mercy determined. She became calm and walked into my arm; I held her firmly. She started weeping and buried her face into my chest. The crowd became more curious of the two lovers; the sweet lover and the acidic one. ‘You hurt me so much; you disregarded my feelings’ she said. I could tell she was worried and vulnerable; I blamed myself. ‘You made me felt so unloved’ she continued. ‘Weep not baby, he will be a changed man’, the smooth lady yelled in excitement as she sat in a taxi heading towards Burma Camp.

Honey this time I will; in fact I do now, sorry long time ago. She stopped crying; and looked at me bewildered. Such sweet words never come from the outsider. Tears ran down her smooth face; tear droplets settled into her dimples. I wiped her tears with kisses; she remained calm in my arms. I took her bag and led her to the car; I opened the door and closed it gently after her. ‘I had to drop Mercy off at her home’ I said to Meg; she was watching events from a distant. Mercy’s love for me rekindled.

She was fiddling with the CD player. She loved music and always came with her own CDs. She came to the bed and lay on top of me instead of her side of the bed. I felt the softness of her bust brushing my chest and I was motionless. Her sweet face was melting into mine. ‘I have tasted candy floss, I have taste honey’. The CD started playing. I knew she had put it on; I was not sure of the music. She was expecting a response but I was mute. She held my head into a good position. Her head descended slowly to my face. The song was still on. ‘I have eaten Easter eggs, I have gobbled bunnies’. I had my eyes shut and I felt it. I felt her warm lips fusing into my. The effects were magical. The fusion of our lips into one roll sent sharp messages.

I was on flames. Feeling her feathery weight on me increased the intensity of the delight. I held onto her smallish frame and squeezed her gently. ‘I have tasted saccharine, I have tasted mint’. We were firmly embedded into each other; our heart beats increased in rhythm. I rolled her over and I was on her. I lifted her skimpy dress slowly. She looked into my face with a smile. My hands reached to her. ‘I have eaten lollipop, I have tasted caramel’. The chorus continued. I was hot. ‘Hang on’ she whispered softly. I was panting, I looked at her bemused. You always wanted occasions such as this. ‘Who was the lady with you at the exam centre?’ OMG you don’t ask such stupid question at such moments!!!!!

I got to be the man I had failed to be. Meg was a neighbour I explained. ‘She was so mean on that day, I mean at the exam centre’. So it was resentment that sent her into fit and got me so humiliated. My mind went back to the smooth talking lady. I was about to say something but she apologised and came back into my arms; ready to be carried on the furriness of the spheres. I was repentant of my actions anyway; the dowry first. I sat on the bed with my back leaning on the wall. She looked at me bemused. She was about to nag but I placed my fingers on her lips. I pulled her over and put her head on my laps. I stroked her hair gently and rubbed my hands over her bosom. The music continued ‘I have tasted candy floss, I have eaten Kit Kat; none compares to her sweetness, none compares to her meekness’.

It was the evening before the Val’s day. I had bought her a unique present and she was so thrilled. As I was picking a dress from the wardrobe she held me suddenly from behind and pulled me closer to her. I turned and wrapped my hands around her slim waist. ‘Will you like to eat the second time?’ she asked romantically. Eat what; we had just finished eating. I knew she was visiting so I grilled some tilapia; her favourite. She was excited with the surprise. I had been very soft and extra caring to her since she came back. It was my turn to woo her. ‘Will you like to eat me’? I was silent; she was extremely amazing, but you are not food I thought. ‘Or am I not sweet? I told her she was the sweetest thing in my life.

She fell asleep on my laps. I lifted her up and held her close to my bosom. She was gone beyond the call of the living; floating in her own world. A world she had now got me into. She wanted me to eat her when I was already satisfied. I placed her gently on the bed and covered her with the velvet sheet. She looked so pure, so untainted. ‘I have tasted vanilla ice, and strawberry too; none compares to her purity’. The song faded away slowly. ‘None compares to her tenderness’.

Francis Kwaku Egu, UK
kwakuhull@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment